رفتن به مطلب

the application of hand word

.Yaprak

ارسال های توصیه شده

Cap in hand

I'd rather borrow from the bank at high interest than go Cap in hand to my father.

To hand

She always has pencil and paper To hand in case the suddenly sees an interesting perso or place she wants to sketch.

Off hand

I'm afraid I don't know her address Off hand. I'll tell you tomorrow after I've looked it up.

Out of hand

The situation is now Out of hand. The authorities admit that they cannot control the rioting and crime.

Hand-to-mouth

He makes just enough money to provide for his basic daily need's. It's a wretched, Hand-to-mouth existence.

Underhand

He would'nt have minded so much if they had told him to his face that they wanted to dismiss him. It was the Underhand way in whch they did it that.

لینک به دیدگاه

High handed

I think you were rather High handed in dismissing him without consulting me or giving him a chance to explain.

Short-handed

Three people were off sick at te office today so were very Short-handed.

In goods hands

We left the car with my brother-in-law. He's very careful and reliable so we khew it was In goods hands.

Empty-handed

The shops were shut so I couldn't buy her present. I felt bad arriving Empty-handed.

Single-handed

She was the first woman to sail the Atlantic Single-handed. Her only problem was lonliness.

لینک به دیدگاه

To wash his hands of

He wants nothing more to do with the idea. He just wants To wash his hands of

The whole thing.

To have a hand in

He is thought To have a hand in a gold-smuggling operation now going on but the police can't prove it.

To give him a free hand

I think we ought To give him a free hand and let him carry out the scheme as he thinks best without any interference from us.

To have the upper hand

The guerrillas are reported To have the upper hand. The government forces are very much on the defensive.

To keep his hand in

He gave up playing the piano profeesionally years ago but he still likes To keep his hand in by playing a little from time to time.

To win hands down

My older brother always beat me easily at tennis. He always used To win hands down.

لینک به دیدگاه

به گفتگو بپیوندید

هم اکنون می توانید مطلب خود را ارسال نمایید و بعداً ثبت نام کنید. اگر حساب کاربری دارید، برای ارسال با حساب کاربری خود اکنون وارد شوید .

مهمان
ارسال پاسخ به این موضوع ...

×   شما در حال چسباندن محتوایی با قالب بندی هستید.   حذف قالب بندی

تنها استفاده از 75 اموجی مجاز می باشد.

×   لینک شما به صورت اتوماتیک جای گذاری شد.   نمایش به صورت لینک

×   محتوای قبلی شما بازگردانی شد.   پاک کردن محتوای ویرایشگر

×   شما مستقیما نمی توانید تصویر خود را قرار دهید. یا آن را اینجا بارگذاری کنید یا از یک URL قرار دهید.

• اضافه کردن...