رفتن به مطلب

Short Story

marjan17

ارسال های توصیه شده

A cowboy rode into town and stopped at a saloon for a drink.

Unfortunately, the locals always had a habit of picking on strangers.

When he finished his drink, he found his horse had been stolen.

He went back into the bar, handily flipped his gun into the air, caught it above his head without even looking and fired a shot into the ceiling.

"Which one of you sidewinders stole my horse?!?!? " he yelled with surprising forcefulness.

No one answered. "Alright, I’m gonna have another beer, and if my horse ain’t back outside by the time I finish,

I’m gonna do what I dun in Texas! And I don’t like to have to do what I dun in Texas!

“. Some of the locals shifted restlessly.

The man, true to his word, had another beer,

walked outside, and his horse had been returned to the post.

He saddled up and started to ride out of town.

The bartender wandered out of the bar and asked, “Say partner, before you go... what happened in Texas?

” The cowboy turned back and said, “I had to walk home."

گاوچرانی وارد شهر شد و برای نوشیدن چیزی، کنار یک مهمان‌خانه ایستاد. بدبختانه، کسانی که در آن شهر زندگی می‌کردند عادت بدی داشتند که سر به سر غریبه‌ها می‌گذاشتند.

وقتی او (گاوچران) نوشیدنی‌اش را تمام کرد، متوجه شد که اسبش دزدیده شده است.

او به کافه برگشت، و ماهرانه اسلحه‌اش را در آورد و سمت بالا گرفت و بالای سرش گرفت بدون هیچ نگاهی به سقف یه گلوله شلیک کرد.

او با تعجب و خیلی مقتدرانه فریاد زد: «کدام یک از شما آدم‌های بد اسب منو دزدیده؟!؟!» کسی پاسخی نداد.

«بسیار خوب، من یک آب جو دیگه میخورم، و تا وقتی آن را تمام می‌کنم اسبم برنگردد، کاری را که در تگزاس انجام دادم انجام می‌دهم!

و دوست ندارم آن کاری رو که در تگزاس انجام دادم رو انجام بدم!» بعضی از افراد خودشون جمع و جور کردن. آن مرد، بر طبق حرفش، آب جو دیگری نوشید، بیرون رفت، و اسبش به سرجایش برگشته بود.

اسبش رو زین کرد و به سمت خارج از شهر رفت.

کافه چی به آرامی از کافه بیرون آمد و پرسید: هی رفیق قبل از اینکه بری بگو، در تگزاس چه اتفاقی افتاد؟ گاوچران برگشت و گفت: مجبور شدم برم خونه.

لینک به دیدگاه

Three Rooms in Hell

A man dies and goes to Hell. The Devil meets him at the gates and says "There are three rooms here. You can choose which one you want to spend eternity in

The Devil takes him to the first room where there are people hanging from the walls by their wrists and obviously in agony

The Devil takes him to the second room where the people are being whipped with metal chains

The Devil then opens the third door, and the man looks inside and sees many people sitting around, up to their waists in garbage, drinking cups of tea

The man decides instantly which room he is going to spend eternity in and chooses the last room

He goes into the third room, picks up his cup of tea and the Devil walks back in saying "Ok, guys, tea break’s over,back on your heads

سه اتاق در جهنم

مردي مرد و به جهنم رفت. ديو جهنم او در محل ورود ديد و گفت: اينجا سه اتاق وجود دارد. شما مي‌توانيد هر كدام را كه مي‌خواهيد انتخاب كنيد و تا ابد در آن زندگي كنيد.

ديو او را به اتاق اول برد جايي كه مردم در آن جا از مچ دست آويزان بودند و آشكار در عذاب بودند.

ديو او را به اتاق دوم برد جايي كه مردم در حال كتك خورد با زنجيرهاي آهني بودند.

ديو در سوم را باز كرد، و مرد به داخل نگاه كرد و ديد مردم زيادي دور هم نشسته‌اند و از كمر به بالا در زباله ، در حال خوردن چاي

مرد بي درنگ تصميم گرفت كه در كدام اتاق مي خواهد مادام العمر بماند و آخرين اتاق را انتخاب كرد.

او به داخل اتاق سوم رفت، فنجان چايش را برداشت و ديو برگشت و گفت: خوب پسرا، وقت استراحت تمومه، سراتونو برگردونيد تو آشغالا!

لینک به دیدگاه

On day a man went to his neighbour &asked him to lend him his donkey,for a few hours.The man,who did not want to lend his donkey,said,The donkey is not here.My friend has taken it out today.

At this time,they heard the donkey braying.The man said:ypu said just now that the donkey was out.What is the braying,then?

The neighbour became angry &said :What kind of a man are you?

You don’t believe the words of an old man like me,but you believe the braying of a silly donkey?

لینک به دیدگاه

Four brothers left home for college, and they became successful doctors and lawyers and prospered.

Some years later, they chatted after having dinner together.

They discussed the gifts that they were able to give to their elderly mother, who lived far away in another city.

The first said, “I had a big house built for Mama.

The second said, “I had a hundred thousand dollar theater built in the house.

The third said, “I had my Mercedes dealer deliver her an SL600 with a chauffeur.

The fourth said, “Listen to this. You know how Mama loved reading the Bible and you know she can’t read it anymore because she can’t see very well.

I met this monk who told me about a parrot that can recite the entire Bible.

It took 20 monks 12 years to teach him.

I had to pledge them $100,000 a year for 20 years to the church, but it was worth it.

Mama just has to name the chapter and verse and the parrot will recite it.”

The other brothers were impressed.

After the holidays Mama sent out her Thank You notes.

She wrote: Dear Milton, the house you built is so huge.

I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house.

Thanks anyway.

Dear Mike, you gave me an expensive theater with Dolby sound,

it could hold 50 people, but all my friends are dead,

I’ve lost my hearing and I’m nearly blind. I’ll never use it.

But thank you for the gesture just the same.

Dear Marvin, I am too old to travel.

I stay home, I have my groceries delivered,

so I never use the Mercedes … and the driver you hired is a big jerk.

But the thought was good. Thanks.

Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to give a little thought to your gift.

The chicken was delicious. Thank you.”

college : دانشکده

lawyers : قاضی

impressed : تاثیر پذیری

gesture : اشاره ، حرکت

delicious : لذیذ

لینک به دیدگاه

"Come on, come on, move it, idiot!"

Joanne beat impatiently on the steering wheel of her Mercedes sports car. How stupid to get caught up in the rush hour! She had planned to leave work early this afternoon, at three o'clock, to give herself a chance to relax and have a bath before going out to a meeting of her local tennis club. But just at ten to three a client had arrived, and it was two hours before she had finished dealing with the man. When she came out of her office, all the other staff in the Highlight Advertising Agency had already left. Now she was stuck in a traffic jam in central Birmingham at 5:30, and at 6:30 she was expected to be chairing a meeting of the tennis club. There would be no time for any hot bath.

Ahead of her, the traffic was moving at last, and she swung quickly out into the centre lane to turn right, and raced the last half-mile through the quiet suburban streets to her house. Pulling up on the driveway, she leapt out of the car and ran for the house. As she opened the door, she nearly tripped over Sheba, who was standing behind it.

"Hey, Sheba, hello," she said, bending down to stroke the large alsatian dog's head, "I've got no time for you now, but I'll take you out as soon as I get back from the tennis club."

It was then that she noticed something worrying about the dog. Sheba seemed to be coughing or choking, her stomach pumping repeatedly as if she was trying to vomit something up. She was obviously in real discomfort and could hardly breathe; her sad eyes gazed up at Joanne helplessly.

"Oh damn, this is all I need now," said Joanne to herself, dropping her briefcase and bending down to take a closer look, "a sick dog, today of all days!" On closer examination, Sheba did look very sick, and Joanne realised she would have to take her down to the vet immediately. Luckily, the vet's surgery was only a few streets away, and Joanne quickly loaded the dog, still coughing and choking, into her car for the short drive.

When she got there, the surgery was just about to close for the day. Luckily, Dr. Sterne had not left yet, and when he saw the state of Sheba, he brought her quickly into his office.

"It looks like something is stuck in her throat," said Dr. Sterne. It shouldn't take me too long to get it out."

"Listen, doctor, I'm really in a rush to get to a meeting -- can I leave her with you, and go and get changed? I'll be back in ten minutes to pick her up, then I'll take her on to the meeting with me. Is that OK?"

"Sure," said the doctor. "You get going. I'll see you in ten minutes."

Joanne jumped back into her car again, and made the quick trip round to her house in a couple of minutes. As she was once more entering the hallway, the phone on the table by the door began to ring. She picked it up, annoyed by this additional interruption to her plans.

"This is Dr. Sterne," said an anxious voice. "Is that you, Joanne?"

"Of course it's me," said Joanne, surprised at the sound of his voice, "no-one else lives here."

"I want you to get right out of that house immediately," said the doctor's voice. "Right now. I'm coming round right away, and the police will be there any time now. Wait outside for us." The phone went dead. Joanne stared at it. She was confused, but she was also a little frightened by the obvious fear in the voice of the doctor. She replaced the receiver, then quickly backed out of the door and ran into the street.

At that moment, a police car with its lights flashing swung round the corner and screeched to a stop outside the house. Two policemen got out. After briefly checking that she was the owner of the house, they ran into the house through the still open door, without explaining anything. Joanne was by now completely confused and very frightened. Then the doctor arrived.

"Where's Sheba? Is she OK?" shouted Joanne, running over to his car.

"She's fine, Joanne. I extracted the thing which was choking her, and she's OK now."

"Well what's this all about? Why are the police in my house?"

Just then, the two policemen reappeared from the house, half-carrying a white-faced figure, a man in a dark grey sweater and jeans, who, it seemed, could hardly walk. There was blood all over him.

"My God," said Joanne, "how did he get in there? And how did you know he was there?"

"I think he must be a burglar," said the doctor. "I knew he was there because when I finally removed what was stuck in Sheba's throat, it turned out to be three human fingers. I don't think he's a very happy burglar

Choking : خفه کردن

steering : کمیته

office : دفتر کار

knew : دانست

burglar : دزد , سارق

لینک به دیدگاه
  • 1 ماه بعد...

The Lion and the Mouse

Once when a Lion was asleep a little Mouse began running up and down upon him; this soon wakened the Lion, who placed his huge paw upon him, and opened his big jaws to swallow him. ‘Pardon, O King,’ cried the little Mouse: ‘forgive me this time, I shall never forget it: who knows but what I may be able to do you a turn some of these days?’ The Lion was so tickled at the idea of the Mouse being able to help him, that he lifted up his paw and let him go. Some time after the Lion was caught in a trap, and the hunters who desired to carry him alive to the King, tied him to a tree while they went in search of a wagon to carry him on. Just then the little Mouse happened to pass by, and seeing the sad plight in which the Lion was, went up to him and soon gnawed away the ropes that bound the King of the Beasts. ‘Was I not right?’ said the little Mouse.

Little friends may prove great friends.

لینک به دیدگاه

Two Travelling Angels

دو فرشته مسافر

Two traveling angels stopped

To spend the night in the home

Of a wealthy family.

دو فرشته مسافر

در منزل خانواده ثروتمندي توقف كردند

تا شب را در آنجا بگذرانند.

The family was rude and refused

To let angels stay in the mansion-s

Guest room instead the angels were

Given a small space in the cold basement

آن خانواده گستاخي كردند و اجازه ندادند فرشته ها

شب را در داخل مهمانخانه داخل عمارت بگذرانند.

بلكه به آنها فضاي كوچكي از زير زمين خانه را

اختصاص دادند.

As they made their bed on the hard floor

The older angels saw a hole in the wall

And repaired it.

When the younger angels asked why the

Older angels replied-

همانطور كه فرشته ها مشغول آماده كردن بستر خود روي

زمين سخت بودند،فرشته پيرتر سوراخي در ديوار ديد و

روي آن را پوشاند. فرشته جوان تر علت را پرسيد و او گفت:

«چيزها هميشه آن طوري نيستند كه به نظر مي رسند.»

The next night the pair came to rest at the house

Of a very poor-but very hospitable farmer and

His wife.after sharing what little food theyhad

The couple let the angels sleep in their bed. where

They cold have good nights rest.

شب بعد فرشته ها به خانه زوج كشاورز بسيار فقير ، اما

مهمان نوازي رفتند. پس از صرف غذاي مختصري كه داشتند ،

آن زوج رختخواب خود را در اختيار فرشته ها قرار دادند ، تا

شب را راحت بخوابند.

When the sun came up the next morning

The angels found the farmer and his wife in tears.

Their only cow - whose milk had been

Their sole in come - lay dead in the field.

صبح روز بعد فرشته ها آن زن و شوهر را گريان ديدند.

تنها گاوشان ، كه شيرش تنها راه درآمدشان بود ،

در مزرعه مرده بود.

The younger angels was infuriated and asked

The older angels :

Happen? The first man had everything-yet you

Helped him. The second family had little but was

Willing to share every thing and you let the cow die.>

فرشته جوان تر به خشم آمد و به فرشته پيرتر گفت : چه طور اجازه

دادي چنين اتفاقي بيفتد؟ مرد اولي همه چيز داشت با اين حال تو كمكش

كردي. خانواده دومي چيزي نداشتند اما همان را هم با ما تقسيم

كردند وبا اين حال تو گذاشتي گاوشان بميرد.

the older angels replied.

mansion I noticed there was gold stored in that hole

in the wall. Since the owner was so obsessed with

greed and unwilling to share his good fortune

I sealed the wall so he wouldnot find it.>

فرشته پيرتر پاسخ داد:«چيزها هميشه آنطور نيستند كه به نظر مي رسند»

«شبي كه ما در زيرزمين آن عمارت بوديم متوجه شدم كه در سوراخ

ديوار طلا پنهان كرده بودند. از آنجا كه صاحبخانه طماع و بخيل بود

و مايل نبود ثروتش را با كسي شريك شود ، من سوراخ را بستم

و مهر كردم تا دستش به آن طلا نرسد.»

Then last night as we slept in the farmers bed

The angels of death came for his wife.

I gave him the cow instead.

شب گذشته كه در رختخواب آن كشاورز خوابيده بوديم .

فرشته مرگ به سراغ همسرش آمد.

من در ازا گاو را به دادم.

Things are not always what they seem.

چيزها هميشه آنطوري نيستند كه به نظر مي رسند.

Sometimes that is exactly what happens

When things do not turn out the way they should.

If you have faith - you just need to trust

That every outcome is always to your advantage.

You just might not know it until some time later.

هنگامي كه اوضاع ظاهراً بر وفق مراد نيست

اگر ايمان داشته باشيد ، بايد توكل كنيد

و بدانيد همواره هر چه پيش مي آيد به نفع شماست.

فقط ممكن است تا مدت ها حكمتش را نفهميد.

لینک به دیدگاه
  • 3 ماه بعد...

The Loan

Two friends, Sam and Mike, were riding on a bus. Suddenly the bus stopped and bandits got on.

The bandits began robbing the passengers. They were taking the passengers’ jewelry and watches. They were taking all their money, too. Sam opened his wallet and took out twenty dollars. He gave the twenty dollars to Mike Why are you giving me this money?” Mike asked Last week I didn’t have any money, and you loaned me twenty dollars, remember?” Sam said. “Yes, I remember,” Mike said. " I’m paying you back,” Sam said

قرض

دو دوست به نام های سام و مایک در حال مسافرت در اتوبوس بودند. ناگهان اتوبوس توقف کرد و یک دسته راهزن وارد اتوبوس شدند. راهزنان شروع به غارت کردن مسافران کردند. آن ها شروع به گرفتن ساعت و اشیاء قیمتی مسافران کردند. ضمنا تمام پول های مسافران را نیز از آن ها می گرفتند.

سام کیف پول خود را باز نمود و بیست دلار از آن بیرون آورد. او این بیست دلار را به مایک داد. مایک پرسید: «چرا این پول را به من می دهی؟» سام جواب داد: «یادت می آید هفته گذشته وقتی من پول نداشتم تو به من بیست دلار قرض دادی؟» مایک گفت: «بله، یادم هست.» سام گفت: «من دارم پولت را پس می دهم.

لینک به دیدگاه

A little girl asked her father

"How did the human race appear?"

دختر کوچولویی از پدرش سوال کرد"چطور نژاد انسانها بوجود آمد؟"

The Father answered "God made Adam and Eve; they had children; and so all mankind was made"

پدر جواب داد"خدا آدم و حوا را خلق کرد, آنها بچه آوردند سپس همه نوع بشر بوجود آمدند"

Two days later the girl asked her mother the same question.

دو روز بعد دختره همون سوال را از مادرش پرسید .

The mother answered

"Many years ago there were monkeys from which the human race evolved."

مادر جواب داد "سالها پیش میمونها وجود داشتنداز اونها هم نژاد انسانها بوجود اومد."

The confused girl went back to her father and said " Daddy, how is it possible that you told me human race was created God and Mommy said they developed from monkeys?"

دختر گیج شده به طرف پدرش برگشت و پرسید"پدر چطور این ممکنه که شما به من گفتین نژاد انسانها را خدا خلق کرده است و مامان گفت آنها تکامل یافته از میمونها هستند؟"

The father answered "Well, Dear, it is very simple. I told you about my side of the family and your mother told you about her."

پدر جواب داد " خوب عزیزم خیلی ساده است .من در مورد فامیلهای خودم گفته ام و مادرت در مورد فامیلهای خودش!!"

لینک به دیدگاه

A man with a gun goes into a bank and demands their money.

مردي با اسلحه وارد يك بانك شد و تقاضاي پول كرد.

Once he is given the money, he turns to a customer and asks, 'Did you see me rob this bank?'

وقتي پول ها را دريافت كرد رو به يكي از مشتريان بانك كرد و پرسيد : آيا شما ديديد كه من از اين بانك دزدي كنم؟

The man replied, 'Yes sir, I did.'

مرد پاسخ داد : بله قربان من ديدم.

The robber then shot him in the temple , killing him instantly.

.سپس دزد اسلحه را به سمت شقيقه مرد گرفت و او را در جا كشت

He then turned to a couple standing next to him and asked the man, 'Did you see me rob this bank?'

او مجددا رو به زوجي كرد كه نزديك او ايستاده بودند و از آن ها پرسيد آيا شما ديديد كه من از اين بانك دزدي كنم؟

The man replied, 'No sir, I didn't, but my wife did!'

مرد پاسخ داد : نه قربان. من نديدم اما همسرم ديد.

Moral - When Opportunity knocks.... MAKE USE OF IT!

نكته اخلاقي: وقتي شانس در خونه شما را ميزند. از آن استفاده كنيد!

لینک به دیدگاه

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.

The first day, the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down.

He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn’t lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, “You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one.

You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won’t matter how many times you say I’m sorry the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one.”

زمانی ،پسربچه ای بود که رفتار بدی داشت.پدرش به او کیفی پر از میخ داد و گفت هرگاه رفتار بدی انجام داد،باید میخی را به دیوار فروکند.

روز اول پسربچه،37 میخ وارد دیوارکرد.در طول هفته های بعد،وقتی یادگرفت بر رفتارش کنترل کند،تعداد میخ هایی که به دیوار میکوبید به تدریج کمتر شد.

او فهمید که کنترل رفتار، از کوبیدن میخ به دیوار آسانتر است.

سرانجام روزی رسید که پسر رفتارش را به کلی کنترل کرد. این موضوع را به پدرش گفت و پدر پیشنهاد کرد اکنون هر روزی که رفتارش را کنترل کند، میخی را بیرون بکشد.روزها گذشت و پسرک سرانجام به پدرش گفت که تمام میخ ها را بیرون کشیده.پدر دست پسرش را گرفت و سمت دیوار برد.پدر گفت: تو خوب شده ای اما به این سوراخهای دیوار نگاه کن.دیوار شبیه اولش نیست.وقتی چیزی را با عصبانیت بیان می کنی،آنها سوراخی مثل این ایجاد می کنند. تو میتوانی فردی را چاقو بزنی و آنرا دربیاوری . مهم نیست که چقدر از این کار ،اظهار تاسف کنی.آن جراحت همچنان باقی می ماند.ایجاد یک زخم بیانی(رفتار بد)،به بدی یک زخم و جراحت فیزیکی است.

لینک به دیدگاه

Jack worked in an office in a small town. One day his boss said to him, 'Jack, I want you to go to Manchester, to an office there, to see Mr Brown. Here's the address.'

Jack went to Manchester by train. He left the station, and thought, 'The office isn’t far from the station. I'll find it easily.'

But after an hour he was still looking for it, so he stopped and asked an old lady. She said, 'Go straight along this street, turn to the left at the end, and it's the second building on the right.' Jack went and found it.

A few days later he went to the same city, but again he did not find the office, so he asked someone the way. It was the same old lady! She was very surprised and said, 'Are you still looking for that place?'

جك در شهر كوچكي در يك اداره كار مي‌كرد. روزي رييسش به او گفت: جك، مي‌خواهم براي ديدن آقاي براون در يك اداره به منچستر بروي. اين هم آدرسش.

جك با قطار به منچستر رفت. از ايستگاه خارج شد، و با خود گفت: آن اداره از ايستگاه دور نيست. به آساني آن را پيدا مي‌كنم.

اما بعد از يك ساعت او هنوز به دنبال آن (اداره) مي‌گشت، بنابراين ايستاد و از يك خانم پير پرسيد. او (آن زن) گفت: اين خيابان را مستقيم مي‌روي، در آخر به سمت چپ مي‌روي، و آن (اداره) دومين ساختمان در سمت راست است. جك رفت و آن را پيدا كرد.

چند روز بعد او به همان شهر رفت، اما دوباره آن اداره را پيدا نكرد، بنابراين مسير را از كسي پرسيد. او همان خانم پير بود! آن زن خيلي متعجب شد و گفت: آيا هنوز دنبال آن‌جا مي‌گردي؟

لینک به دیدگاه

Mr and Mrs Jones very seldom go out in the evening, but last Saturday, Mrs Jones said to her husband, 'There's a good film at the cinema tonight. Can we go and see it?'

Mr Jones was quite happy about it, so they went, and both of them enjoyed the film.

They came out of the cinema at 11 o'clock, got into their car and began driving home. It was quite dark. Then Mrs Jones said, 'Look, Bill. A woman’s running along the road very fast and a man's running after her. Can you see them?

Mr Jones said, ‘Yes, I can.' He drove the car slowly near the woman and said to her, 'Can we help you?'

'No, thank you,' the woman said, but she did not stop running. 'My husband and I always run home after the cinema, and the last one washes the dishes at home!'

آقا و خانم جونز به ندرت هنگام عصر بيرون مي‌رفتند، اما شنبه‌ي گذشته، خانم جونز به شوهرش گفت: امشب سينما يك فيلم خوب دارد. مي‌توانيم برويم و آن را ببينيم؟

آقاي جونز بسيار خوشحال شد، در نتيجه (به سينما) رفتند، و هر دو از فيلم لذت بردند.

ساعت 11 از سينما خارج شدند، رفتند داخل ماشينشان و به سمت خانه حركت كردند. (هوا) كاملا تاريك بود. در آن هنگام خانم جو گفت: نگاه كن، بيل. يك زن كنار جاده در حال دويدن است و يك مرد نيز پشت سر او در حال دويدن است. مي‌تواني آن‌ها را ببيني؟

آقاي جونز گفت: بله، مي‌بينم. او آهسته ماشينش را به سمت آن زن راند و به او گفت: مي‌توانيم كمكتان كنيم؟

آن زن گفت: نه، متشكرم. ولي توقف نكرد (همچنان به راهش ادامه داد). "من و شوهرم هميشه بعد از سينما به سمت خانه مي‌دويم، و نفر آخر ظرف‌ها را مي‌شويد"

لینک به دیدگاه

GIFTS FOR MOTHER

Four brothers left home for college, and they became successful doctors and lawyers and prospered. Some years later, they chatted after having dinner together. They discussed the gifts that they were able to give to their elderly mother, who lived far away in another city.

The first said, “I had a big house built for Mama. The second said, “I had a hundred thousand dollar theater built in the house. The third said, “I had my Mercedes dealer deliver her an SL600 with a chauffeur. The fourth said, “Listen to this. You know how Mama loved reading the Bible and you know she can’t read it anymore because she can’t see very well. I met this monk who told me about a parrot that can recite the entire Bible. It took 20 monks 12 years to teach him. I had to pledge them $100,000 a year for 20 years to the church, but it was worth it. Mama just has to name the chapter and verse and the parrot will recite it.” The other brothers were impressed.

After the holidays Mama sent out her Thank You notes. She wrote: Dear Milton, the house you built is so huge. I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house. Thanks anyway.

Dear Mike, you gave me an expensive theater with Dolby sound, it could hold 50 people, but all my friends are dead, I’ve lost my hearing and I’m nearly blind. I’ll never use it. But thank you for the gesture just the same.

Dear Marvin, I am too old to travel. I stay home, I have my groceries delivered, so I never use the Mercedes … and the driver you hired is a big jerk. But the thought was good. Thanks.

Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to give a little thought to your gift. The chicken was delicious. Thank you.”

چهار برادر ، خانه شان را به قصد تحصیل ترک کردند و دکتر،قاضی و آدمهای موفقی شدند. چند سال بعد،آنها بعد از شامی که باهم داشتند حرف زدند.اونا درمورد هدایایی که تونستن به مادر پیرشون که دور از اونها در شهر دیگه ای زندگی می کرد ،صحبت کردن.

اولی گفت: من خونه بزرگی برای مادرم ساختم . دومی گفت: من تماشاخانه(سالن تئاتر) یکصد هزار دلاری در خانه ساختم. سومی گفت : من ماشین مرسدسی با راننده کرایه کردم که مادرم به سفر بره.

چهارمی گفت: گوش کنید، همتون می دونید که مادر چقدر خوندن کتاب مقدس رو دوست داره، و میدونین که نمی تونه هیچ چیزی رو خوب بخونه چون جشماش نمیتونه خوب ببینه . شماها میدونید که مادر چقدر خوندن کتاب مقدس را دوست داشت و میدونین هیچ وقت نمی تونه بخونه ، چون چشماش خوب نمی بینه. من ، راهبی رو دیدم که به من گفت یه طوطی هست که میتونه تمام کتاب مقدس رو حفظ بخونه . این طوطی با کمک بیست راهب و در طول دوازده سال اینو یاد گرفت. من ناچارا تعهد کردم به مدت بیست سال و هر سال صد هزار دلار به کلیسا بپردازم. مادر فقط باید اسم فصل ها و آیه ها رو بگه و طوطی از حفظ براش می خونه. برادرای دیگه تحت تاثیر قرار گرفتن.

پس از ایام تعطیل، مادر یادداشت تشکری فرستاد. اون نوشت: میلتون عزیز، خونه ای که برام ساختی خیلی بزرگه .من فقط تو یک اتاق زندگی می کنم ولی مجبورم تمام خونه رو تمییز کنم.به هر حال ممنونم.

مایک عزیز،تو به من تماشاخانه ای گرونقیمت با صدای دالبی دادی.اون ،میتونه پنجاه نفرو جا بده ولی من همه دوستامو از دست دادم ، من شنوایییم رو از دست دادم و تقریبا ناشنوام .هیچ وقت از اون استفاده نمی کنم ولی از این کارت ممنونم.

ماروین عزیز، من خیلی پیرم که به سفر برم.من تو خونه می مونم ،مغازه بقالی ام رو دارم پس هیچ وقت از مرسدس استفاده نمی کنم. راننده ای که کرایه کردی یه احمق واقعیه. اما فکرت خوب بود ممنونم

ملوین عزیزترینم، تو تنها پسری بودی که درک داشتی که کمی فکر بابت هدیه ات بکنی. جوجه خوشمزه بود. ممنونم.

لینک به دیدگاه

An older gentleman was playing a round of golf. Suddenly his ball sliced and landed in a shallow pond. As he was attempting to retrieve the ball he discovered a frog that, to his great surprise, started to speak! "Kiss me, and I will change into a beautiful princess, and I will be yours for a week." He picked up the frog and placed it in his pocket.

As he continued to play golf, the frog repeated its message. "Kiss me, and I will change into a beautiful princess, and I will be yours for a whole month!" The man continued to play his golf game and once again the frog spoke out. "Kiss me, and I will change into a beautiful princess, and I will be yours for a whole year!" Finally, the old man turned to the frog and exclaimed, "At my age, I’d rather have a talking frog!"

پيرمردي، در حال بازي كردن گلف بود. ناگهان توپش به خارج از زمين و داخل بركه‌ي كم‌آبي رفت. همانطور كه در حال براي پيدا كردن مجدد توپ تلاش مي‌كرد با نهايت تعجب متوجه شد كه يك قورباغه شروع به حرف زدن كرد: مرا ببوس، و من به شاهزاده‌ي زيبا تبديل شوم، و براي يك هفته براي شما خواهم بود. او قورباغه را برداشت و در جيبش گذاشت.

همانطور كه داشت به بازي گلف ادامه مي‌داد، قورباغه همين پيغام را تكرار كرد «مرا ببوس، و من به شاهزاده‌ي زيبا تبديل شوم، و براي يك ماه براي شما خواهم بود». آن مرد همچنان به بازي گلفش ادامه داد و يك بار ديگر قورباغه گفت: مرا ببوس، و من به شاهزاده‌ي زيبا تبديل شوم، و براي يك سال براي شما خواهم بود. سرانجام، پيرمرد رو به قورباغه كرد و بانگ زد:‌ با اين سن، ترجیح مي‌دم يه قورباغه سخنگو داشته باشم

لینک به دیدگاه

The Peacock and the Tortoise

ONCE upon a time a peacock and a tortoise became great friends. The peacock lived on a tree by the banks of the stream in which the tortoise had his home. Everyday, after he had a drink of water, the peacock will dance near the stream to the amusement of his tortoise friend.

One unfortunate day, a bird-catcher caught the peacock and was about to take him away to the market. The unhappy bird begged his captor to allow him to bid his friend, the tortoise good-bye.

The bird-catcher allowed him his request and took him to the tortoise. The tortoise was greatly disturbed to see his friend a captive.

The tortoise asked the bird-catcher to let the peacock go in return for an expensive present. The bird-catcher agreed. The tortoise then, dived into the water and in a few seconds came up with a handsome pearl, to the great astonishment of the bird-catcher. As this was beyond his exceptions, he let the peacock go immediately.

A short time after, the greedy man came back and told the tortoise that he had not paid enough for the release of his friend, and threatened to catch the peacock again unless an exact match of the pearl is given to him. The tortoise, who had already advised his friend, the peacock, to leave the place to a distant jungle upon being set free, was greatly enraged at the greed of this man.

“Well,” said the tortoise, “if you insist on having another pearl like it, give it to me and I will fish you out an exact match for it.” Due to his greed, the bird-catcher gave the pearl to the tortoise, who swam away with it saying, “I am no fool to take one and give two!” The tortoise then disappeared into the water, leaving the bird-catcher without a single pearl.

طاووس و لاک پشت

روزی روزگاری،طاووس و لاک پشتی بودن که دوستای خوبی برای هم بودن.طاووس نزدیک درخت کنار رودی که لاک پشت زندگی می کرد، خونه داشت.. هر روز پس از اینکه طاووس نزدیک رودخانه آبی می خورد ، برای سرگرم کردن دوستش می رقصید.

یک روز بدشانس، یک شکارچی پرنده، طاووس را به دام انداخت و خواست که اونو به بازار ببره. پرنده غمگین، از شکارچی اش خواهش کرد که بهش اجازه بده از لاک پشت خداحافظی کنه.

شکارچی خواهش طاووس رو قبول کرد و اونو پیش لاک پشت برد. لاک پشت از این که میدید دوستش اسیر شده خیلی ناراحت شد.اون از شکارچی خواهش کرد که طاووس رو در عوض دادن هدیه ای باارزش رها کنه. شکارچی قبول کرد.بعد، لاکپشت داخل آب شیرجه زد و بعد از لحظه ای با مرواریدی زیبا بیرون اومد. شکارچی که از دیدن این کار لاک پشت متحیر شده بود فوری اجازه داد که طاووس بره. مدت کوتاهی بعد از این ماجرا، مرد حریص برگشت و به لاک پشت گفت که برای آزادی پرنده ، چیز کمی گرفته و تهدید کرد که دوباره طاووس رو اسیر میکنه مگه اینکه مروارید دیگه ای شبیه مروارید قبلی بگیره. لاک پشت که قبلا به دوستش نصیحت کرده بود برای آزاد بودن ، به جنگل دوردستی بره ،خیلی از دست مرد حریص، عصبانی شد.

لاک پشت گفت:بسیار خوب، اگه اصرار داری مروارید دیگه ای شبیه قبلی داشته باشی، مروارید رو به من بده تا عین اونو برات پیدا کنم. شکارچی به خاطر طمعش ،مروارید رو به لاک پشت داد. لاک پشت درحالیکه با شنا کردن از مرد دور می شد گفت: من نادان نیستم که یکی بگیرم و دوتا بدم. بعد بدون اینکه حتی یه مروارید به شکارجی بده، در آب ناپدید شد.

لینک به دیدگاه

A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit When the other frogs saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit with all their migh The other frogs kept telling them to stop, that they were as good as dead Finally, one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down and died The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die He jumped even harder and finally made it out When he got out, the other frogs said, "Did you not hear us?" The frog explained to them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the entire time.

This story teaches two lessons

There is power of life and death in the tongue An encouraging word to someone who is down can lift them up and help them make it through the day

A destructive word to someone who is down can be what it takes to kill them

So, be careful of what you say

گروهی از قورباغه ها از بیشه ای عبور می کردند . دو قورباغه از بین آنها درون گودال عمیقی افتادند. وقتی دیگر قورباغه ها دیدند که گودال چقدر عمیق است ،به دو قورباغه گفتند آنها دیگر می میرند. دو قورباغه نصایح آنها را نادیده گرفتند و سعی کردند با تمام توانشان از گودال بیرون بپرند. سرانجام یکی از آنها به آنچه دیگر قورباغه ها می گفتند، اعتنا کرد و دست از تلاش برداشت. به زمین افتاد و مرد. قورباغه دیگر به تلاش ادامه داد تا جایی که توان داشت. بار دیگر قورباغه ها سرش فریاد کشیدند که دست از رنج کشیدن بردارد و بمیرد. او سخت تر شروع به پریدن کرد و سرانجام بیرون آمد. وقتی او از آنجا خارج شد. قورباغه های دیگر به او گفتند :آیا صدای ما را نشنیدی؟ قورباغه به آنها توضیح داد که او ناشنوا است.او فکر کرد که قورباغه ها، تمام مدت او را تشویق می کردند.

این داستان دو درس به ما می آموزد:

1- قدرت زندگی و مرگ در زبان است. یک واژه دلگرم کننده به کسی که غمگین است می تواند باعث پیشرفت او شود و کمک کند در طول روز سرزنده باشند.

2- یک واژه مخرب به کسی که غمگین است می تواند موجب مرگ او شود.

پس مراقب آنجه می گویی باش.

لینک به دیدگاه

Prescription

A woman accompanied her husband to the doctor's office. After the check-up, the doctor took the wife aside and said, "If you don't do the following, your husband will surely die."

"1-Each morning, makes him a healthy breakfast and sends him off to work in a good mood."

"2-At lunchtime, make him a warm, nutritious meal and put him in a good form of mind before he goes back to work."

"3-For dinner, make an especially nice meal and don't burden him with household chores."

At home, the husband asked his wife what the doctor had told her. "You're going to die." She replied.

نسخه

خانمی شوهرش را به مطب دکتر برد. بعد از معاینه؛ دکتر، خانم را به طرفی برد و گفت: اگر شما این کارها را انجام ندهید، به طور حتم شوهرتان خواهد مرد.

1- هر صبح، برایش یک صبحانه ی مقوی درست کنید و با روحیه ی خوب او را به سرکار بفرستید.

2- هنگام ناهار، غذای مغذی و گرم درست کنید و قبل از اینکه به سرکار برود او را در یک محیط خوب مورد توجه قرار بدهید.

3- برای شام، یک غذای خوب و مخصوص درست کنید و او در کارهای خانه كمك نکند.

در خانه، شوهر از همسرش پرسید دکتر به او چه گفت: او (خانم) گفت: شما خواهید مرد.

لینک به دیدگاه

Success - Socrates

A young man asked Socrates the secret of success. Socrates told the young man to meet him near the river the next morning. They met. Socrates asked the young man to walk with him into the river. When the water got up to their neck, Socrates took the young man by surprise and swiftly ducked him into the water.

The boy struggled to get out but Socrates was strong and kept him there until the boy started turning blue. Socrates pulled the boy’s head out of the water and the first thing the young man did was to gasp and take a deep breath of air.

Socrates asked him, "what did you want the most when you were there?" The boy replied, "Air". Socrates said, "That is the secret of success! When you want success as badly as you wanted the air, then you will get it!" There is no other secret.

موفقیت و سقراط

مرد جوانی از سقراط رمز موفقیت را پرسید که چیست. سقراط به مرد جوان گفت که صبح روز بعد به نزدیکی رودخانه بیاید. هر دو حاضر شدند. سقراط از مرد جوان خواست که همراه او وارد رودخانه شود. وقتی وارد رودخانه شدند و آب به زیر گردنشان رسید سقراط با زیر آب بردن سر مرد جوان، او را شگفت زده کرد.

مرد تلاش می کرد تا خود را رها کند اما سقراط قوی تر بود و او را تا زمانی که رنگ صورتش کبود شد محکم نگاه داشت. سقراط سر مرد جوان را از آب خارج کرد و اولین کاری که مرد جوان انجام داد کشیدن یک نفس عمیق بود.

سقراط از او پرسید، " در آن وضعیت تنها چیزی که می خواستی چه بود؟" پسر جواب داد: "هوا"

سقراط گفت:" این راز موفقیت است! اگر همانطور که هوا را می خواستی در جستجوی موفقیت هم باشی بدستش خواهی آورد" رمز دیگری وجود ندارد.

لینک به دیدگاه
  • 1 سال بعد...

Mountain Story

A son and his father were walking on the mountains.

Suddenly, his son falls, hurts himself and screams: "AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

To his surprise, he hears the voice repeating, somewhere in the mountain: "AAAhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

Curious, he yells: "Who are you?"

He receives the answer: "Who are you?"

And then he screams to the mountain: "I admire you!"

The voice answers: "I admire you!"

Angered at the response, he screams: "Coward!"

He receives the answer: "Coward!"

He looks to his father and asks: "What's going on?"

The father smiles and says: "My son, pay attention."

Again the man screams: "You are a champion!"

The voice answers: "You are a champion!"

The boy is surprised, but does not understand.

Then the father explains: "People call this ECHO, but really this is LIFE.

It gives you back everything you say or do.

Our life is simply a reflection of our actions.

If you want more love in the world, create more love in your heart.

If you want more competence in your team, improve your competence.

This relationship applies to everything, in all aspects of life;

Life will give you back everything you have given to it."

YOUR LIFE IS NOT A COINCIDENCE. IT'S A REFLECTION OF YOU

لینک به دیدگاه

به گفتگو بپیوندید

هم اکنون می توانید مطلب خود را ارسال نمایید و بعداً ثبت نام کنید. اگر حساب کاربری دارید، برای ارسال با حساب کاربری خود اکنون وارد شوید .

مهمان
ارسال پاسخ به این موضوع ...

×   شما در حال چسباندن محتوایی با قالب بندی هستید.   حذف قالب بندی

تنها استفاده از 75 اموجی مجاز می باشد.

×   لینک شما به صورت اتوماتیک جای گذاری شد.   نمایش به صورت لینک

×   محتوای قبلی شما بازگردانی شد.   پاک کردن محتوای ویرایشگر

×   شما مستقیما نمی توانید تصویر خود را قرار دهید. یا آن را اینجا بارگذاری کنید یا از یک URL قرار دهید.

• اضافه کردن...